Odin's Hammer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the subject of nonhuman races...

+2
Korhal
yamagawa
6 posters

Go down

On the subject of nonhuman races... Empty On the subject of nonhuman races...

Post by yamagawa Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 am

We've got ourselves 5 races:
Human
Norn
Sylvari
Asura
Charr
The first two are very human like. The third is effecively a plant in human guise. The Asura are haughty comic relief moles turned into a player race, and charr, the eaters of men.

I've seen others state they will only get the nonhuman characters as a way of being complete. That is, checking off a box: "Charr? Check. Asura? Check".

Where does everyone else sit with the nonhuman races?
//Yamagawa
yamagawa
yamagawa

Back to top Go down

On the subject of nonhuman races... Empty Re: On the subject of nonhuman races...

Post by Korhal Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am

Well if I make a warrior it will be human or norn even char. A necro asura might be funny if the menions are bigger then you, but asura are probably sick thives to. Maybe a sylvari ranger.
Korhal
Korhal

http://www.fantasylore.com

Back to top Go down

On the subject of nonhuman races... Empty Re: On the subject of nonhuman races...

Post by yamagawa Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:52 am

Some of the minions are bigger than humans (and either misdefined in the videos, or not 100% implemented...) But I read your comment as "Asura = comic relief", a state I see continued from gw1. As for actual play, it sounds like the different races net you: different personal stories. Different appearances. Different racial elites. Different starting areas. Different role play options. And that is it, as near as i can tell. So for looks, an assuran thief might look wicked. But for play, an assuran thief clomping around inside a golem...? Not that stealthy. Not that quick, but quite silly looking (yay for comic relief). The one charr I have slotted is for the case of 'dunno what to fit here, might as well use one toon for 2 check boxes -- charr thief'. Nothing against charr or thieves, I've simply got limited energy around playing charr, and limited energy around thieves. Not saying they suck or that I hate them... I'm saying they draw me far less than a norn ele and sylvari necromancer.
//Yamagawa
yamagawa
yamagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Korhal Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:02 pm

theif will be fun pvp I bet. Ya that's crazy if their that big! Asuras look bad ass fighting though, maybe asura eke??
Korhal
Korhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaman Tormey Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 pm

The Asura was fun to play in last beta. Will probably be my first choice as a character. The Sylvari was also kinda fun. Will probably be awhile before i build a Charr. Not forgiven them for the searing.
Shaman Tormey
Shaman Tormey

Back to top Go down

Post by yamagawa Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I've seen the asuran armors. I soooo need an assura in heavy armor. Think: Midget, bobblehead warrior. Didn't so much enjoy my character as I did my settings personal story playing the asura. The personal storyline was awesome Smile I got to complete Beta Test, and even better, I got to kill myself.

The personal storylines are there, at least the content I've seen, to entertain you, with a thick application of humor. This works to hook you 'Gotta see the next segment!' which is fine by me -- The content is all good I love you
//Yamagawa

Last edited by yamagawa on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eep, I can haz tpye rite goood.)
yamagawa
yamagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by relt Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 pm

It might just be the newness of it all, but at this point I have no drive to make a human character. As Len said elsewhere, I got my fill of Humans in GW1. Wink
relt
relt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grover Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm kind of the opposite really, Charr and Norn I don't really like. I like asura but I only want one and not my main. Sylvari were too "green" in a sense. I know they were changed after their initial reveal to be more plant-like and I'm not too fond of most of the look options. So humans were the one race I really liked.

Grover

Back to top Go down

Post by Bjorn Green Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Sylvari racial rules in PvP though. AoE root Smile

Bjorn Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Grover Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:45 pm

All racial skills are unavailable in sPvP, and that racial skill was nerfed to a single target root on a longer cooldown now.

Grover

Back to top Go down

Post by Bjorn Green Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:48 pm

awwwww Sad

Bjorn Green

Back to top Go down

Post by yamagawa Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:43 am

Curse you, A-Net, for balancing the game, and even changing things during the beta!

Razz

No surprise there. Dyes got completely reworked, and crafting has seen something of an overhaul (er, initial implementation might be more accurate). That skills got reworked (especially the ones players loved, perhaps because of balance problems) is no shock.

Korhal, on Barrage, which you used your sylvari skill for, consider:
Each second in the area of effect, targets are snared for 1 second. But if you pair it with a barrage from another ranger, targets in the area of effect of each get snared twice for each second... and the durations stack.
//Yamagawa
yamagawa
yamagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Korhal Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Can't wait lol sad to hear they nurfed the racial skill i liked, but o well. Still sylvari ranger for me.
Korhal
Korhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum