Odin's Hammer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satori application

+4
Grover
Garett Jans
Korhal
rmstorey
8 posters

Go down

Satori application Empty Satori application

Post by rmstorey Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

So, hey. Old old member of OH, long-lapsed, wanting to return with GW2 imminent. Anyone who might still remember me would know me as Satori Saan.

(Completely off-topic side note, someone once asked me why I picked "Saan" as a last name for Satori, when "-san" is usually a male honorific in Japanese and my toon is female. I didn't really have an answer... I just thought it sounded cool. I finally realized why I liked the sound: it reminded me of Salladhor Saan from A Game of Thrones.)

I am woefully out-of-practice on GW1 (especially after learning the interface for WoW... hoo boy, that's a learning curve!), but I fair suspect none of that will matter in the new game anyway.

I actually had an old invite (like 3 years old) when I logged back into GW1 the other day, so I'm technically in the guild currently, but I wanted to actually speak up and make sure I can get included for GW2.

Hope to meet some new friends and perhaps see some familiar faces too!

rmstorey

https://www.facebook.com/rmstorey80

Back to top Go down

Satori application Empty Re: Satori application

Post by Korhal Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome, I am sure there will be no problems with you joining again, just review the guild charter and make sure you can comply with it.
see you in game, Korhal
Korhal
Korhal

http://www.fantasylore.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Garett Jans Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Most certainly, looking forward to it!.
Garett Jans
Garett Jans
Godlike
Godlike

Back to top Go down

Post by Grover Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Welcome back!

Grover

Back to top Go down

Post by yamagawa Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Meeps and welcome, waiting to see you in-game.
//Yamagawa
yamagawa
yamagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trigariumrex Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Welcome back Rachel aka Satori Saan!

I can personally 100% vouch that she is OH. She and I joined OH roughly around the same time... we were both recruited by the well-missed Lenstrodamus. As with many OH'ers she went MIA for awhile and due to our rules of trying to keep the roster up-to-date she was removed. However, I made sure that an invitation was always extended.

We both grit our teeth and paid our dues during OH's rebuild. We've had redonkulously fun times especially in GVG.

Best moment ever... OH was in a GVG match and we were being handily beaten on Frozen Isle. The opponent was wearing us down using a strong split team build. We tried to split our team up but it didn't fair well because we were a degen-dps/knockdown build. One of our split teams was completely manhandled. All that was left iirc were two monks and two warriors (me and Satori). We turtled up and somehow survived their onslaught. The other team retreated and waited for the time marker to bring their 8 man team back to full strength. It felt like all was lost so I ordered the team to attempt a gank on their GL. We left a monk to protect our GL hoping it would buy us enough time but it wasn't looking good with 4 vs. 8 left on the field. The other team smelling imminent victory ran right past us and were already celebrating. We went for their GL and gave it all we got. Mind you they still had GL guards but somehow... someway we were able to gank first. Our monk kept our GL alive for seriously crucial seconds so we could pull off the victory.

The other team despite all their trash talk and premature celebrating were left with only one thing to say... and I quote, "o.O"

A vainglorious day in OH history.

Trigariumrex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bjorn Green Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I remember that one Smile and even the o.O

Bjorn Green

Back to top Go down

Post by rmstorey Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:02 pm

That was my all-time favorite moment in GW1! We had nothing to lose, and the virtual looks on their faces when they realized we had somehow ganked the win... priceless.

o.O

rmstorey

https://www.facebook.com/rmstorey80

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Pepelu Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 pm

I seem to recall that battle, though it's been a while Wink
Edward Pepelu
Edward Pepelu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content